32.5 hours a week, Term Time Only
Fixed Term contract for 1 year
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and caring Educational Teaching Assistant who will provide practical support to individual and groups of pupils, in and out of the classroom with regards to learning, educational activities, developing social skills, integration and for securing physical and emotional well-being. You will require excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate with our pupils, staff and parents.
Please be aware that this role requires an element of First Aid. Training in this area will be given if required.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have Maths and English to GCSE Grace C or equivalent;
• Encourage, motivate and inspire young children through the support they give in order to encourage their learning;
• Be highly organised
• Be creative in their approach
• Be committed to our ethos that all pupils can achieve at Lily Park, A SHARE Primary Academy
• Have great references demonstrating they are a suitable candidate and safe to work with children
• Have SEN experience
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
• Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that by Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best is the key;
• Encourage all our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
• Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
• Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
• Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
• Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Lily Park Primary School is one of eight academies within our trust and is part of a closeknit community well located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We are a school which delivers an inspiring and stretching literacy-based curriculum, allowing teachers the flexibility to create an exciting learning journey for all of our pupils. Our maths teaching inspires children to see the importance of maths in the wider world, bringing it to life and making it engaging, relevant and achievable for all! We also value the wider curriculum subjects including the Creative Arts and Sport.
We encourage our children to take an active part in the day to day running of the school with positions of responsibility for pupils, such as Peer Mentors and School Council Representatives. Our School Council regularly meet to discuss matters important to our children and our play leaders help their peers to fully integrate into school life.
We are a skilled and dedicated team of staff that aims to help all our children achieve and be their personal best.
Closing date: Midday on Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
To apply please complete the SHARE MAT application form, which can be downloaded from our website www.lilyparkprimary.org.uk and return this along with the safeguarding declaration form, for the attention of the Head of School Mr Andrew Quinn to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE MAT comprises of Lily Park Primary School, Woodside Green Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School, Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
Lily Park, A SHARE Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years