British Council- El Viso Infant School, Madrid
2-5 years| Co-Educational| Day| BSO, NABSS
The British Council Infant School in Madrid is seeking to appoint inspiring, caring and dedicated professionals to be part of the team of Teachers at our El Viso Infant School in the city centre, to contribute to the continued success of an “Outstanding School”, as assessed by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) Inspection in 2015 and 2018. These positions would be full-time appointments, and we are looking for candidates that could start in September 2019.
About the British Council- El Viso Infant School Madrid, Spain
Our Infant School opened in September 2016 with 40 children, and will grow year on year until full capacity. Located in a purpose-built Infant school in the centre of the city, the children follow the English National Curriculum. Children start at 2 years of age and enjoy their Foundation Stage phase in the Infant School until they join Key stage 1 at the main British Council School in Somosaguas, also in Madrid. We provide children with a unique, bilingual and multicultural education. A holistic approach to teaching and learning is delivered through a broad and attractive curriculum.
We are looking for creative and collaborative professionals who will be excited to join our school, contributing to its vision and success through their inspiring performance. If you are a good team-worker, flexible, adaptable, creative, and willing to work in a novel, challenging and changing environment, this is the place for you.
Our dedicated team of professionals help pupils to become future global citizens through instilling our core values of loyalty, caring, resilience, challenge and flexibility. These values are deeply embedded in all that we do; from our approach to learning, relationships and aspirations held by our pupils, ourselves and one another. We believe in enabling our pupils to “be the best that they can be”.
About the British Council School - Madrid, Spain
Our main school is located 15 kilometres to the west of Madrid. It has 2,000 pupils, aged 2 to 18, and 200 teachers who are extremely proud to be part of our welcoming, vibrant and successful community . We are a thriving co-educational day school with superb facilities set on a large, well linked, modern campus. The school is part of the British Council , the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations, which provides us with excellent opportunities to participate in cultural activities across the world.
We are particularly delighted to be the first British school in Spain to receive the highest rating of "Outstanding School " in all areas of the British School Overseas (BSO) Inspection.
Why Come to Madrid?
Our School is located in the heart of Madrid, a vi brant and thriving cosmopolitan city. Our staff has the chance to live and work in a place of great history, culture and cuisine. Opportunities are endless for travel, sport and entertainment, both in the city and country-wide; Spain is o ne of the top destinations in the world for leisure and holidays.
What do we offer our Teachers?
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic, happy and confident children who enjoy learning
- The chance to contribute to a growing infant school
- A welcoming and supportive network of colleagues
- Competitive salaries and fee remission for children of staff members
- An extensive welcome, relocation and integration programme to help new teachers and their families settle into Madrid
- Ongoing and robust professional development opportunities
- Subsidised English or Spanish language courses
- Free annual health check-ups, flu vaccines and private health insurance at a reduced rate
The successful applicants for this post will have:
- A real desire to live and exemplify our school motto, 'Be the best you can be'
- English to the level of, or a level comparable to, first language communicator
- Ambition, passion and dedication to guide, inspire and challenge young children
- A drive for professional development, continued outstanding practice and challenge
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience, in the last 5 years, in Foundation Stage/ Key stage 1/ Key stage 2 in a UK, International or bi-lingual School
- A good working knowledge of the latest UK practices
- Flexibility and adaptability, working in a new and changing environment
- An entitlement to live and work in Spain
Please send the completed British Council Application Form together with an up to date Curriculum Vitae to:
Tel. 00 34 91 562 15 08
The British Council Application Form is enclosed below. Also enclosed are the British Council Behaviours and Core Skills for your reference, and to assist you in filling in the Application Form.