Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its operation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of School Counsellor is to provide professional expertise, leadership and support to the school community to achieve positive educational, developmental and lifelong learning outcomes.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary (Prep-Year 5) education, with a specific focus on either Prep-Year 2 (Lower Elementary) or Year 3-5 (Upper Elementary). He/she will have the capacity to achieve excellence in the delivery of a high quality education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Elementary School commencing in July 2018.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time, supervised experience working with children and/or young people in an educational environment
- One year (minimum) full-time (or part-time equivalent) coursework Masters, majoring in counselling from a recognised university
- Registration as a psychologist through a recognised regulation agency, or a fourth year qualification in psychology.
- Qualifications and skills relevant to the role, which in the opinion of the Managing Director and School Principal are similar to the above.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Please note that this vacancy is for a local hire placement. We encourage applicants who are already in Singapore to apply.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Wednesday 12 June 2019, 23:59 (UK Time).
Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.