Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its operation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of Teacher Librarian have a dual role as both teachers and information specialists. They have a key role to play in the development of information literacy and in building a culture of reading in the Elementary School. The teacher librarian’s flexibility and positive response to change will directly influence the success of collaboration between the library and classroom teachers.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary (Prep-Year 5) education, with a specific focus on either Prep-Year 2 (Lower Elementary) or Year 3-5 (Upper Elementary). He/she will have the capacity to achieve excellence in the delivery of a high quality education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Elementary School commencing in January 2018.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A minimum four year recognised teaching qualification including a Bachelor’s Degree and Teaching Diploma or a Bachelor of Education
- A Post-Graduate qualification in Librarianship or related field would be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years FT teaching experience in a recognised educational institution
- Experience in working in a school library
- Experience of working with the IB PYP, or Experience of working in a collaborative teaching and learning environment within an Elementary School
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to work as a part of a team and an interest in participating in the wider school community
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Sunday 9th July 2017, 23 59 (UK Time).
Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.