Salary: Grade 5: £19,652 - £22,265 pa depending on experience (actual salary £14,614 - £16,557pa)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week for 39 weeks pa (term-time, plus 5 additional days)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking to appoint an experienced Engineering & Design Technician to join our forward thinking, and successful staff team at Stone Lodge School ASAP. Our community secondary school first opened in September 2019 and is proving to be a highly popular, successful and over-subscribed school. We will be moving into a brand new, purpose-built school site in 2022 which will include state of the art engineering and design facilities.
We will be seeking:
• A creative and engaging person who can develop a good rapport with students to encourage learning.
• A dedicated and knowledgeable individual with a passion for Engineering and Design and previous experience of working in a practical environment.
• A person willing to commit to the ethos and vision of the school including participating in the wider school community
What we can offer you:
As well as offering you a competitive salary, access to a generous pension scheme, and free on-site parking, there are many additional benefits to working at one of our Endeavour MAT schools including:
• A friendly and supportive staff team.
• Access to a range of career enhancing qualifications including subject and industry specific qualifications e.g. AAT; Apprenticeships; BIFM and Masters degrees.
• A range of staff social events and staff enrichment opportunities e.g. Art classes, Book Club and Sporting activities.
• Access to coaching and line management support and an assortment of Trust-wide collaborative working opportunities.
• Opportunities for promotion (where practical).
The closing date for applications is midnight on 17th December 2021. The date for interview will be confirmed. Early applications are encouraged as eligible candidates will be invited to the interview stage on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the stated closing date.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
Our school is one of three secondary schools which together form Endeavour MAT. Whilst the school first opened in September 2019 with just four forms in Year 7, it has expanded to an eight-form entry school, growing exponentially with each academic y...