- Hours of work: Full-time, 37 hours per week
- Location: Castleford
- £17,365 - £18,347 per annum
As an Engineering Technician, your role will focus on providing technical support for the delivery of the Engineering curriculum and assisting tutors in preparing for classes and teaching at our Castleford Campus. The department runs training and learning programmes for all ages, from 14+ to adult students, covering entry level subjects through to Level 3 Diplomas and HND’s.
Day to day, you will be involved in: the preparation of materials and equipment; the development and building of rigs or models for assessment purposes; routine/general maintenance of workshops/equipment; and ensuring adequate stock is readily available.
We are looking for an experienced engineering professional, holding a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in engineering or a relevant vocational area, who has a broad breadth of general engineering industry know-how and would relish the chance to play a part in helping our learners achieve their goals.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing Date: 11.00am on Thursday 17th October 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.