Do you want to be part of a Twenty First Century learning environment with the backing of Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Bombardier, University of Derby, & Derby College?
Derby Manufacturing UTC opened on 1st September 2015 and provides a distinctive and targeted curriculum for 600 students from 14-19 who wish to study STEM subjects. The UTC is now moving into an exciting phase of development working closely with The Sheffield UTC Academy Trust, which includes two very successful UTCs graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED (www.utcsheffield.org.uk).
We require for August 2019 start an Engineering Workshop Technician.
If you have a passion for working with KS4 and KS5 students who are all keen to follow STEM careers then this could be the opportunity for you. We are looking to appoint an engineering workshop technician to join our team
The successful applicant will manage the maintenance of our excellent workshop and practical facilities to assist the teaching of students at Level 2, Level 3 and external agencies covering workshop practice, engineering hand skills and traditional machining, developing new projects and assessing safety regulations.
The successful applicant will hold:
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience).
• A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the UTC and most importantly a difference to the lives of young people including their educational and broader achievement, self-esteem and confidence, social well-being and future employability.
We are offering:
• An attractive salary based upon experience and expertise.
• A first class working environment with excellent resources.
• The opportunity for professional growth and continued development within an organisation committed to continuous improvement.
How to apply
Please complete and submit the online application form. Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification when making your application.
Please note strong applications will be considered on receipt.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruiting procedures and successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
For more information, please visit www.derbymanufacturingutc.co.uk
We welcome visits and enquiries prior to application. For an informal discussion, or to book a visit contact Mrs Amanda Miller, PA to the Principal on 01332 477400. All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and are subject to enhanced DBS.