Teacher of English and Drama
Ark All Saints Academy are looking to recruit a highly motivated English with Drama teacher with a commitment to academic excellence and helping every child succeed. You will plan and deliver high quality lessons and be committed to achieving excellent results for their students, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn.
Our staff team is deeply committed to the new academy’s transformation and future, and looking to create a vision for success, a culture of academic achievement and a nurturing environment in which students can thrive. A Church of England school whose only admission criteria is on distance, we welcome students of all faiths and none and we expect all members of staff to support and uphold the moral ethos of our academy.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching English and Drama and committed to achieving excellent results for their students.
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with great colleagues and receive the support to develop yourself through an outstanding professional development programme. We offer attractive remuneration as well as a range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of our students, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Salary: Main Scale/UPS
Responsible to: Head of English department
• The planning and teaching of effective lessons which ensure that each student is positively encouraged to develop their full potential in English/Drama.
• To promote a positive culture for English/Drama and a lively and enthusiastic atmosphere within the classroom.
• The assessment of students in line with departmental and school policy.
• To contribute to the development of English/Drama and literacy in the curriculum.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To plan and teach lessons that are effective, creative, varied and appropriate to the needs of the students.
• To utilise appropriate technologies in the classroom to ensure that learning is current, relevant and enjoyable.
• To fully support the Head of Department and other departmental staff in continuing to raise attainment and achievement in English/Drama.
• To contribute to the review and development of departmental schemes of work and lesson materials with colleagues.
• To ensure students are assessed in line with departmental and school policy.
• To attend and contribute to department meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
• To follow departmental policies and self-evaluation processes, and where necessary, contribute to their development.
• To promote English and Drama across the school and to help other staff to do so where necessary.
• To maintain personal development and expertise by remaining up-to-date with current subject matter and initiatives, and accessing appropriate training.
• To act as a Form Tutor and undertake associated support for individuals.
• To contribute to wider school activities and initiatives as appropriate, including the School Play
The school undertakes to support applications for CPD to enable the post holder to fulfil their role to their optimum capacity.
Ark All Saints Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to demonstrate this commitment in any aspect of their work.
These responsibilities maybe amended at any time in the future in order to respond to the changing demands and needs of the school.
Teacher of English and Drama
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
• Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion to teach.
• Are a successful classroom practitioner.
• Are able to motivate and inspire students to learn and have high expectations of them.
• Are highly motivated and organised.
• Have a variety of teaching and learning strategies that they can use effectively.
• Have a commitment to promoting the use of ICT within English/Drama.
• Are able to maximise the achievement of all students.
• Are able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Are willing to contribute to the broader life of the school.
• Are willing to contribute to the development of the school through their own professional development.
• Have a sense of humour!