Drama and English Teacher
September 2020 start
“Nobody left behind. Nobody held back. Everybody loved.”
Canary Wharf College Crossharbour is the first unique secondary school within a growing multi-academy trust of three schools. Please contact us if you:
• enjoy working with a sense of genuine team trust and shared purpose
• have ambitions to influence whole school development
• wish to receive invaluable, wide ranging and regular CPD
• want to be part of a bigger educational landscape to transform lives.
We are seeking a highly-ambitious Drama and English Teacher for September 2020 to:
• progress their career at pace
• be the catalyst to drive forward drama in our expanding school
• contribute to the development of an exciting English department
• assist in establishing the direction for teaching, learning and assessment in Drama and English, in-line with the whole-school pedagogical strategy of Learning for Mastery
• set the highest expectations and ensure that all students not only achieve excellent outcomes but flourish within an environment of nurture.
Opportunities for departmental and whole school responsibility will provide excellent experience for the successful candidate. We place as much value on ambition and potential as we do on experience.
‘To Live, Share and Celebrate a Love of Learning in a Christian environment whilst welcoming those of over faiths and cultures’.
Staff at the secondary school embed this positive ethos by aligning everything that we do with four key principles:
• Curriculum at the Centre: we remain ‘obsessed’ with what we teach our students
• Exemplary Behaviour: we have clear principles informing behaviour and conduct to achieve the highest standards of behaviour for learning
• Exceptional Teaching: we have a clear pedagogical strategy and support every member of staff to be able to delivery consistently visionary high quality teaching
• Valuing every child: we work tirelessly to alleviate barriers to individual student achievement
There is a trust wide enrichment focus on developing learning through activities outside of the classroom and making use of the opportunities within London’s cultural offer. Staff share their subject passion with our students – a performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, trip to the Globe Theatre, Christmas Reflections in Southwark Cathedral and a poetry competition are just some recent whole school projects. As well as individual opportunities for students to complete Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The school is made up of committed and aspirational staff, led by visionary, experienced trustees and senior leaders. A key priority is staff development. We boast a unique collaborative approach through weekly 1:1 meetings where senior leaders support all staff to take ownership for their own development by providing high quality guidance and encouraging teachers to read widely, make research-informed decisions, as well as attend tailored internal and external CPD.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who;
• is committed to the school vision and ethos
• is enthusiastic about joining an expanding school
• has the vision, drive and potential leadership skills to help develop an outstanding department
• has high expectations and demonstrates excellent teaching practice with a hunger for feedback
• has excellent communication skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire others
• can channel their emotions positively, work with purpose and considers their impact on others.
Applicants must have qualified teacher status.
The Principal, Duncan Hewson, will receive any phone enquiries regarding the role prior to your application. Interested candidates should contact our HR Advisor, Michelle Richards email@example.com
To apply please complete the online TES application form and include your full work experience and education information. Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.