English & Humanities Teacher
Job No: TCE199
Location: St Teresa's Catholic College - Abergowrie
Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: English & Humanities - Term 3 until end of year
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from an experienced and passionate English & Humanities Teacher to join our innovative team.
English & Humanities - Term 3 until end of year
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching English/Humanities
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
Applicants that have experience in Boys' Education, boarding school environment or working in a rural/remote area are highly desirable.
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Modern facilities and equipment
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
- Leadership development programs
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after seven (7) years of continuous service
- Fourteen (14) Weeks’ Paid Maternity Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Orientation and induction programs
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this teaching position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Primary School Teachers interested in Secondary are welcome to apply
To find out more about the Region visit:
Hinchinbrook Shire Council
Broadwater National Park