Position: English and Religion Education Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Sunday, 05 December 2021 unless filled prior
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan was established in 1979 and has as its foundational story the well-known "Journey to Emmaus" from the Gospel of Luke. The theme of "journey" is one that is embraced by the college and is a fine metaphor for portraying the growth that all people experience in developing their spirituality, intellect, physical and social capabilities and wisdom.
Although the college is relatively young, it has an enviable reputation for providing an education which results in graduates who are well rounded young people. Academic excellence is sought and achieved, yet there is a broad education provided so that all who seek our values find a suitable pathway to attaining their goals.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan is seeking an experienced and dedicated English and Religion Education Teacher to teach across all secondary year levels (7-12). This role is a Full Time, Fixed Term position commencing in Term 1, 2022 for the duration of the 2022 teaching year.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have an ability to collaborate and work positively as a part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 05 December 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here