English as an Additional Language (EAL) Learning Support Assistant
To start immediately
25 hours per week, term time only
Salary Scale Point: 16-19 (dependent on experience) FTE: £18,319-£19,446 (this will be pro-rated in line with Academy terms & conditions)
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced EAL LSA to join a dynamic Special Education Needs team supporting our EAL Academy students.
The successful applicant will have:
- experience of successfully supporting EAL students.
- ability to communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents.
- experience of working with small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
- commitment to prioritising the needs of the pupils in all that you do.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Support students’ learning across the curriculum, tailoring support to match learner’s needs – both in class and withdrawal support in small groups
- Hold additional after school clubs for EAL students
- To support students to become independent, co-operative and collaborative learners Timetabling support processes for EAL students
- Putting interventions in place to support EAL students in KS3 and KS4 with their specific needs
- Daily contact with students and staff, providing information to students, parents and outside agencies.
- Adapt and customise curriculum materials.
- Support teacher planning
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in an academy that has 21st century facilities, and will improve the lives of future generations of students and the community in Bournemouth.
We are proud of our unique Christian ethos and links with the local church communities. We welcome applications from prospective new staff prepared to share in the experience of school improvement.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
The Principal is happy to offer tours of the Academy to prospective candidates. For an application pack please email Francesca Welsh, HR at firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your covering letter to Mr Paul McKeown, Principal.
Closing date for applications: 5th June 2018
Interviews will be held as close to the closing date as possible