It is an exciting time to join this supportive team who are passionate about EAL in a mainstream setting. The successful applicant will collaborate closely with subject teachers, co-teaching in mainstream classrooms in addition to planning and preparing English as an Additional Language lessons.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities with a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed. Therefore we adhere to our Student Vision of developing adaptable lifelong learners, active citizens, effective contributors, resilient individuals, independent enquirers and creative thinkers.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform. Our weekly professional development programme is bespoke and incorporates time for personal reflection, technology development and staff well-being.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice with a strong learning-focused philosophy
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work alongside classroom teachers to develop appropriate programmes of learning and provide adequate differentiation for individual students
- Be a qualified teacher
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).