We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community, and to teach English, History and Religious Education.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Clairvaux MacKillop College is a Catholic co-educational secondary college administered by the Archdiocese of Brisbane. The College enrols more than 1300 secondary students. Teacher commitment to team work and community building through co-curricular activity is highly valued. Clairvaux MacKillop College has strong aspirational values for students to participate in academic, pastoral, sporting and cultural activities and events. The College provides a diverse range of opportunities for its students.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 8 March 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 8 March 2021 - 18 April 2022
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Katie Dummett
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3347 9200
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 25-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education
Upper Mount Gravatt