International British School of Alexandria is one of the premier schools in Alexandria, Egypt. We are an Early Years to Year 13 school with around 500 students on roll. The school opened in Alexandria in September 2005 and is accredited by the Ministry of Education.
Our curriculum follows the English National Curriculum, leading to IGCSE at the end of Year 11. After successfully completing IGCSE exams students can choose to take their A Levels.
IBSA is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, pro active and experienced primary teachers for August 2022. The successful candidates will contribute to the development and delivery of the school's ethos, vision and values. The ethos of the school is one of excellence within a supportive and family orientated environment. Our school promotes educational excellence and tradition through a forward-thinking, all-round curriculum within which the needs of individual pupils are fostered.
The curriculum of our school will follow closely the English National Curriculum and school environment, using the National Curriculum as a framework but facilitated within the context of Egypt and our International cohort of pupils.
We are committed to providing very strong academic standards, combined with an outstanding range of co-curricular activities and superb pastoral care. We firmly believe in offering children every opportunity to benefit from a genuinely well-rounded education. Each child will be encouraged to fulfil his or her own potential in both curricular and co-curricular activities. In order to do this, International British School of Alexandria will run an extended day, incorporating sport and co-curricular activities to meet these aims.
Enthusiastic and dynamic teachers are required to join an outstanding teaching team at International British School of Alexandria. This is an exciting opportunity and offers many benefits for teachers who are keen to seek a new adventure and broaden their career prospects.
We are committed to developing positive relationships, enabling environments and supporting the personal social and emotional development of each child, in order to lay the foundation for future academic learning. We firmly believe in offering children every opportunity to benefit from a genuinely well-rounded education.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates, including a competitive salary, housing allowance, annual leave, flights, and medical insurance. We are interested in teachers with experience but will also consider NQTs. To be considered for these posts you must hold a B.Ed or degree and PGCE or equivalent.
Teaching and learning responsibilities.
• Provide high quality teaching to all pupils with a variety of approaches to stimulate interest in the subject matter and enable learning, whilst having appropriate regard to the differentiation and inclusivity needs of all pupils. Produce and make available appropriate schemes of work. Ensure that assessment forms part of the initial planning of work.
• To apply different approaches to structured learning opportunities in line with the priorities for development within the School.
• Actively engage in curriculum development in line with the School’s aims and objectives alongside subject specialism requirements.
• Ensure that teaching areas provide tidy, well-organised and stimulating environments for learning.
• Carry out regular, appropriate assessments of pupils’ attainment and progress. Communicate the assessment results to all groups that need to know, as agreed by the School.
• Attend teacher meetings as required by the Principal and whenever other commitments allow.
• To participate in Parent Meetings as outlined in the academic calendar and pertinent to his/her subject specialism, whenever other teaching commitments allow.
• Implement the School Assessment, Recording and Reporting Policy to include delivery, feedback, tracking and target setting in order to promote pupil progression, achievement and retention.
• Liaise and work collaboratively with other subject specialist staff in the School to ensure consistency and efficiency in the implementation of the School Teaching and Learning Policy.
• Make teaching and learning documentation available for internal and external inspection.
• Manage departmental resources within allocated spending limits and within the guidelines of the School’s purchase order system.
• Be prepared to take an active part in the IBSA Life and be available to take part in some weekend activities and trips overseas.
• Act as a positive role model to pupils.
• Administer and implement the School reward and sanctions system.
• Liaise with and report to the Deputy (Pastoral) on issues pertaining to the well-being of all pupils.
• Promote and encourage exemplary social skills within peer, public and friendship groups.
• Be the first line of implementation of the School Code and Anti-Bullying Policy, responding appropriately to incidents of unacceptable behaviour.
Health and Safety
• Maintain a safe and positive teaching and learning environment. Complete relevant paperwork as directed.
• Teachers are required to take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and abide by the School’s Health & Safety policy.
• Safeguard the well-being of the pupils in his/her charge.
• Encourage pupils to value themselves and others in the quality and nature of their learning.
• Set an example to all pupils by showing a personal attitude of co-operation, consideration and positive relationships with all members of the School.
• Meet with parents as required by the day to day educational, social and welfare needs of his/her pupils.
• Be familiar with the contents of all School Policies, especially Child Protection issues.
• Participate in the School’s Appraisal system as per the Staff Development Policy.
• Attend internal and external training courses and INSET as directed by the Senior Management Team, whenever other teaching commitments allow. Provide feedback to colleagues on courses attended.
IBSA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening background checks as part of their pre-employment enquiries.
Due to the continued growth of the school and the opening of new year groups, we are seeking experienced and dedicated teaching professionals to join our team for the 2022-23 academic year.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES website. You are required to complete your online application, supporting statement addressed to Ms Rain Jones and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three references. The initial closing date is on 16th December 2021, however applicants will be interviewed on receipt. We may be open to a temporary appointment or appointment from August 2022.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Start date: 1st August 2022
Situated in the Arab Republic of Egypt, the International British School of Alexandria was founded in 1984. It is an all-through, independent, mainstream school, with a sixth form that educates girls and boys aged between three and 17. It is situated...