English Leader (MPS/UPS + TLR2C - £6,214)
(Full time, permanent post from September 2018)
Do you have a passion for developing children as readers and writers? Would you like the chance to make a real difference? Is so, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you...
Pirton Hill Primary School is a large primary school on the northern edge of Luton, just off junction 11a of the M1 and easily accessible from the A5 and A6.
The school is going through a period of exciting change and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside our new Headteacher, and leadership team, to lead the transformation in English, develop a lifelong love of reading and cultivate our children as exceptional writers.
We are at the very beginning of a number of exciting English initiatives - including participation in the Primary Writing Project (Talk for Writing) and substantial investment in a new library – and this opportunity provides the amazing chance to take ownership of these, invest in resources and develop them across the whole school, with the full support of the senior leadership team and governors.
The governors, staff and children are looking to appoint lead professionals who:
• are strong classroom practitioners;
• have a passion to lead, motivate and inspire others to fulfill their potential; and
• are determined to raise standards in order to secure the highest outcomes for each child.
If this describes you, then we can offer you:
• a staff team eager to develop and ensure that every child fulfils their potential;
• well-behaved and well-mannered pupils, who are enthusiastic to learn;
• the opportunity to shape our vision for English and the support, and resources, to make the vision a reality; and
• excellent CPD opportunities and support to develop your professional development.
Still not sure?
Challenge any preconceptions and visit our school. Come and see the exciting journey we are on and how you can be part of it…
You can apply using the button below or for more details or to arrange a visit please contact Lynne Jaggers by email email@example.com or by telephone on (01582) 507924.
Closing date: Monday 30th April, noon Interview date: w/c 7th May 2018
Pirton Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer.