Alderbrook is a flourishing two form of entry school, situated in the heart of Balham. As a staff team, we want the very best for every child and work hard to ensure our children are happy at school, so they can achieve their full potential. We have recently been awarded National Support School status, so we are on an exciting journey and need an amazing English Leader to join our talented team.
We want our English Leader to see themselves as a lead learner, committed to their own professional development and to:
• be an inspiring and talented teacher with a passion for education, especially English
• be a teacher with high expectations and an exceptional track record of raising standards
• have some experience in supporting and developing other staff and of leading and managing in a primary school.
In return for your hard work and dedication to improving the English provision for every child, we can offer you:
• incredibly enthusiastic, well-behaved and motivated pupils
• a great staff team to work with
• the support of a leadership team, dedicated to having a positive impact on pupil outcomes
• opportunities to develop your leadership skills and to further your career
• dedicated management time for you to carry out your role.
If you are a creative and talented class teacher and believe this may the right role for you, we would be delighted to show you around our school.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively please contact Jane Kellock, our School Business Manager, to arrange a visit or for an application pack.
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number below or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be returned by email to Jane Kellock or posted to the school for her attention.
Closing date: 27 March 2018 (at noon) Interviews:
Week beginning 16 April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Alderbrook Primary School
Balham London SW12 8PP
Tel: 020 8673 4913
Fax: 020 8675 8866
Headteacher: Seana Henry
NOR: 350 (inc. nursery)