Are you a dedicated English Teacher that has a keen interest in the curriculum and raising achievement?
Would you like to have the flexibility to create, mould and establish new strategies and ideas?
Would you like to work in a vibrant and successful Academy alongside supportive colleagues and SLT?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy have a fantastic brand new opportunity for a self-motivated and dedicated Teacher of English to join our wonderful English Department as our Raising Achievement Coordinator. We are seeking a teacher who has a keen interest in the curriculum and raising achievement. This position will allow the right candidate the flexibility to create, mould and establish new strategies for tracking, and support our groups of learners. This key strategic role will involve close collaborative working with the Director of English and other Senior Leaders in the Academy. If you are a proactive, ambitious and enthusiastic teacher who has a passion for supporting all students to achieve their full potential, then this is the role for you! We are really looking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our team and are willing to pay an additional recruitment and retention allowance for the right person who will drive attainment in English forward.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold Qualified Teaching Status
- Have a good understanding of SEND, EAL and Disadvantaged student progress
- Have a proven track record for improving results and closing the attainment gap
- Have a vision for the development of teaching and learning and have strategies to enhance this
- Be able to use assessment and attainment information to improve practice and raise standards
- Have excellent understanding of the components which comprise outstanding teaching and learning
- Start date: Easter 2018 (16th April 2018)
- Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2a / Additional allowance
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Teacher Testimonial: “Being a leader at The Chalk Hills Academy is very rewarding. You have the freedom to design initiatives and these are supported by senior colleagues. I really enjoy the satisfaction of seeing the impact of my work and those smiley faces on Results Day. I have definitely developed my leadership skills since working at the academy. I would recommend attending the leadership courses that are offered.”
Closing Date: Friday 1st December at 12pm Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.