CFBL is looking to recruit an experienced English Teacher to teach the GCSEs curriculum for Year7,8 & 10 from 4 January 2022 until 11 February 2022.
ROLE: English Teacher, Secondary
CONTRACT: 18 hours per week + 1 hour for team meeting, maternity cover contract
REPORTS TO: Deputy Head Teacher for Secondary
As a teacher of English, you will be an exceptional classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrate top standard of delivery, is fully committed to raising fulfilment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the best within their subject area.
The Teacher of English, working with other members of the CFBL teaching team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
• To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for young people
• To ensure all students are able to thrive and engage in academic learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal skills
You will inspire our stakeholders by:
• Understanding national standards within the subject area and ensuring these are followed
• Using effective target setting systems for all students within English
• Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students within English
• Ensuring that all the work you do for the CFBL follows the vision and values to form a successful college
• Being an outstanding practitioner and to by undertaking a teaching commitment depending on the needs of the College
• Attending College meetings and committees as required.
• Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the post and which may reasonably be required by the Deputy Head for Secondary.
You will enhance young people’s experience by:
• Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
• Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
• Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meet internal and external quality standards.
• Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
• Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
• Maintaining discipline in accordance with the CFBL procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning.
• Marking and grading students work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback
• Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving qualifications and work ready
You will protect our students by:
• Responding effectively and immediately to safeguarding/child protection concerns raised by staff, pupils or brought to the CFBL’s attention through other means
• Ensuring that safeguarding policies are followed and communicated effectively
This role is not suitable for an NQT.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Each candidate invited for interview will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK by producing verifiable documents. Details of the required documents will be sent to all applicants who are invited for an interview and the relevant original documents should be brought to the interview for verification and copying. Please note that we cannot accept photocopies of documents; the original document must be provided for verification by CFBL staff.
To check what type of visa you may need in order to satisfy your right to work in the UK, please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Housed in a listed Victorian building in the heart of London, Ofsted Outstanding-rated CFBL hosts 700 students from Nursery to Year 10 in a warm and welcoming environment. With over 35 nationalities represented in the student body, and a particular e...