Who we are:
ISR International School on the Rhine gGmbH is a preeminent college prep school and an IB World School located in Neuss, Germany. Set in 110,000 square meters of greenery between the metropolitan cities of Cologne and Düsseldorf, ISR is home to more than 960 students from 45 nationalities. ISR is a privately financed, non-profit school offering an excellent international education from K-12. The staff at ISR is international, open-minded and dedicated to their work and our children.
We are especially proud of our Kindergarten where we take a holistic approach to early childhood education. Our Kindergarten motto builds on the existing school motto: ‘We plant the seeds to enable great minds and strong characters’. Because of our proven track record, we have grown steadily.
In August 2020 we opened a new branch of our Kindergarten in Niederkassel, Düsseldorf. This modern facility is built with the children and their teachers in mind. The expertise and program of the Neuss branch has been transferred to the new branch.
What we are looking for:
An Early Childhood Expert and Educator
• You should have a degree in Early Childhood Education or a teaching degree – primary level.
• Experience in schools or academic kindergartens is preferable.
• You must be a native level English speaker.
• Extra qualifications such as a nursing degree or musical studies would be an advantage.
We are particularly looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about early childhood development and the well-being of children
• Is a flexible team player who builds relationships with students, colleagues and parents
• Creates a vibrant and structured learning environment
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills
• Keeps abreast of the latest trends and best practices in Early Childhood Education
• Is appreciative of, and sensitive to different cultures/backgrounds of families and colleagues
• Demonstrates a high level of attention to confidentiality
• Has the ability to use and integrate technology in the learning environment (PC, Interactive Whiteboard, Tablet, Apps etc.)
• Most importantly, we are searching for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a real desire to help create a unique experience for our children in our new branch.
Your areas of responsibility will comprise:
• Planning of lessons and daily routines
• Follow the program of instruction set out by ISR, collaborate with colleagues on a daily/ weekly basis.
• Teach the subjects English (phonics, language, handwriting), Mathematics, Social Emotional Learning, Mindful Motoric Movement, Arts and Crafts, Music, Science Projects, etc.
• Integrate a wide variety of activities and instructional approaches (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc.) to motivate and stimulate the learning of each child.
• Assess Student Progress
• Monitor the children’s development, strengths and areas for further development
• Assess children’s performance and progress on a regular basis.
• Record or document findings
• Plan interventions to support the children’s learning environment
• Management of the Learning Environment
• Design and set up the learning environment at the beginning of the academic year
• Guide the learning of a group of approximately 20 children
• Create a harmonious and engaging learning environment. Develop positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
ISR International School on the Rhine
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years