EdStart opened its first Independent Specialist School in South Manchester in September 2010, and now operates across multiple sites throughout the North West. Our primary function is Alternative Provision, serving the region’s schools and young people by developing a suitable environment and curriculum to match their varying needs. Our pupils each can develop an individual learning plan with their mentor or teacher which they then follow throughout their time with Edstart.
We are looking for a qualified Teacher of English who will be required to teach across the curriculum, ideally combining a secondary-age focus with a primary-age nurturing ability. It is essential that you have effective behaviour management skills and are passionate about working with young people, particularly those who have become disengaged. The post will be based at our Northern Moor provision.
Are you looking for a job which allows you to teach and impact on young people’s lives rather than spend all your time planning and marking? Our centres use a carousel process which means the need to plan so extensively is reduced and allows more time to work individually with students in line with the learning plan.
This post is ideal if you have:
- A strong desire to work with disengaged pupils and make a difference to their experience of education
- The ability to plan differentiated lessons to ensure that all learners get the most out of your lessons.
- A commitment to working in the Alternative Education sector and willingness to take responsibility for the planning of the lessons and learning of the pupils
- Good organisational abilities, a pro-active approach and the ability to form positive relationships with the pupils.
- If you are Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY
To request an application pack or for an informal chat regarding this post and working at the school please contact Tracy Harrison on 0191 267 6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be submitted by Monday 18th November at 3pm to Tracy Harrison to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as received, so we may be in contact before the closing date.
Your application is a direct permanent application to Edstart. Vision for Education is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments. Please be aware that as an independent company, Edstart does not follow teachers pay and conditions.
All posts are subject to DBS clearance. All staff are responsible for the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
5 Gerald Road