Are you someone who is passionate about inspiring children to achieve their full potential?
James Calvert Spence College is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. Located 30 traffic-free minutes away from the centre of Newcastle, we are situated in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK.
We require an English teacher to join our school and teach in key stages 3, 4 and 5.
The pupils and staff are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher of English to work with a very experienced team of English specialists whilst covering a maternity leave.
JCSC has improved considerably over the last few years and GCSE outcomes are rising rapidly. We need a motivated individual, passionate about learning and ensuring all children reach their full potential, to assist in ensuring the ongoing success of this key area of the curriculum.
This is an exciting time to join us as we continue our journey towards excellence. Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and an outstanding educational experience for all students.
- Be a strong classroom practitioner, keen to develop your own skills further;
- Be a positive role model;
- Have high expectations of yourself and others;
- Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students.
We can offer you:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development;
- A well-resourced curriculum;
- Hardworking and well behaved pupils who are willing to learn;
- Dedicated PPA time;
- A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team;
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange.