salary plus OLW
Required for April/September 2020
We seek to appoint a permanent full-time ENGLISH TEACHER to join a large, thriving, forward-looking department. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to teach across the age and ability range. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed person who thrives on hard work and challenge.
King Henry School is a vibrant centre of learning for our community, with a relentless commitment to enhancing the lives of all our students, regardless of their ability or aptitude.
We develop students’ knowledge, academic excellence and character by building their resilience, compassion and ambition. These core values provide our young people with the wisdom and independence to make the right choices and lead happy, fulfilled lives.
• More opportunity to develop your career – we will support you in extending your career through an enhanced CPD programme with 10 INSET days a year and dedicated time for professional development every Monday afternoon
• As part of the progressive Odyssey Trust for Education, with enhanced opportunities for professional development and career growth, a team of talented and dedicated colleagues will support you. King Henry School can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative leadership team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
• Our CPD pathways offer the opportunity to work towards achieving Nationally recognised Qualifications such as: NPQML/NPQSL/NPQH, Lead Practitioner Accreditation all the way up to a Masters degree. Professional development across the Trust is supported by a large and growing network of high profile leaders of education with platforms for school improvement on a National and International level. Opportunities for colleagues to experience professional growth are also identified across the Trust, whether that be project based or on a fixed term secondment to a different school.
• Like-minded colleagues – use of free fitness Centre dedicated to improving all aspects of our school
• An extra weeks’ holiday for Autumn half term in October/November
King Henry School is a large, mixed secondary school on the Bexley/Kent border. The school is located just 20 minutes from the M25 and Abbey Wood Crossrail, and the A2 is 10 minutes away.
Candidates are welcome to arrange a visit to our school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . An application form and further information about the school is also available on the school website at www.kinghenry.org.uk. We reserve the right to close the deadline in the event of an overwhelming response.
Closing Date: Monday 24th February - Applications will be processed on receipt
King Henry School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
King Henry School is an Equal Opportunities employer