As the only co-educational Catholic secondary college on the scenic Redlands Coast, Carmel College provides education for more than 1230 students from Years 7 to 12. Established in 1993, the College has a strong tradition of encouraging students to ‘let their light’ shine in and for the community.
All members of our College community are valued, respected and encouraged to maximise their opportunities in learning and in life. Our talented and caring teachers are committed to inspiring our students – spiritually, academically, culturally and physically.
Visit our school website here
Carmel College is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic educator with the ability to teach English in Years 7 - 12 (parental leave replacement). An ability to teach Religious Education would be an advantage.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centered, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
• If applying to teach Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic
Applicants are required to apply via the online application process.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 17 May 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): To end of 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Stephen Adair
Contact Telephone Number: 0734887777
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education