Baston House is an independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism rated as good by Ofsted with outstanding provision for pupils' personal development. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and diversity of challenging attributes. Based in Bromley, Kent, Baston House School is within easy reach of Croydon, Sidcup, Forest Hill and surrounding towns.
Awarded Good with OFSTED our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of abilities. With optimum class sizes of 6 pupils and the assistance of Teaching Assistants, we are able to deliver personalised learning. We are totally committed to working with children with complex needs in order to raise their aspirations and achievements.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
We are looking to appoint a qualified, dynamic and experienced English Teacher who is enthusiastic, committed and reliable with a passion to work with our pupils. You will be a strong and knowledgeable Teacher in your specialist subject of English and be confident teaching to GCSE level or Functional Skills. We aim to nurture growth and develop every individual to their potential and we value staff development, providing good opportunities for subject expertise.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (term time only).
In brief, your role will involve:
- Plan, deliver and teach English to individual students or small groups
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching English, ideally in a Secondary capacity
- Be experienced working within an SEN setting, ideally with ASD although not essential
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers PayScale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.