Wellington College Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care
- Undertake class management as a class teacher.
- Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard through collaboration with an international co-teacher.
- Teach English lessons and Moral and Society lessons independently.
- Be involved in developing, implementing and monitoring all College policies regarding English, and to assist in the necessary documentation pertaining to the subject, where required by the Head of Upper or Lower Primary.
- Assist with the resourcing of English for the Primary School, and work with the Head of Upper or Lower Primary, in drawing up the annual order.
- Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students, to ensure that students know, understand and follow the College rules.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: 31 Jan 2019