Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to teach English to KS3 and KS4 in a growing secondary school based in Havering, East London. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and creative team within the English department that is modern and forward thinking. The department hosts modern resources and an environment conducive to learning. Alongside a supportive and hard-working team, staff school wide are supported very well by both middle and senior management. Over the last few years the team has worked hard to build a strong school community that is inclusive and encourages input from the wider community. For the right person this will be a permanent appointment from September 2017 and salary will be in line with MPS/UPS outer London. A desire to grow and take on responsibility within the department in the future would be an advantage however; this position is open to any newly qualified teachers and also teachers who have trained outside the United Kingdom.
About the Role
· English Teacher
· Teaching English to KS3 and KS4
· Permanent contract on offer but open to temporary and fixed term
· This role is suitable for NQTs
· Salary between £26,139 to £42,077 – depending on experience
About the School
· A focus on high achievement of their pupils by instilling self-discipline and confidence building
· A growing comprehensive outer London secondary school
· The school has a strong historical reputation in the area
· Impressive grounds and outdoor spaces
· Building work currently underway to modernise the school
· Well connected by public transport and ample on-site parking
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold QTS or an equivalent overseas qualification
· NQTs and overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXM42851.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.