“St. Mark’s is an outstanding School” (Ofsted)
(MPS Post, Outer London)
Required for September 2018
Do you want to be a part of a creative, dynamic and passionate team? Our English team at St Mark’s Catholic School in Hounslow is made up of fun-loving, supportive and energised individuals with a passion for English. Fulfilling the students’ potential is at the heart of everything we do and we’re constantly looking for innovative ways to achieve this.
We’re a very collaborative department and together we achieve outstanding results for our students which make us one of the most successful English departments in the country:
GCSE in 2017: 93% 4-9, 86% 5-9, 55% 7-9. Progress 8 (+1.28 in English)
A-Level 100% A* - C, 64% A*- A
Our success is all down to our ability to work together as a team, help each other develop professionally and produce high quality resources for all of our classes. We see the formula to our success in simple terms: we plan together, we create together, we achieve together.
What we are looking for:
We know that if we are to remain successful and are to keep improving, then we need to bring in new team members who are passionate about teaching and are keen to develop their skills and help our team to grow. We are not seeking a finished article (there is no such thing in teaching!), but we are seeking:
- a team player with potential, new ideas and a passion for teaching
- a team player with a good work ethic
- a team player with a desire to continually improve and develop professionally
What we are offering:
- A great environment to learn and develop
- A supportive, fun-loving and caring department to be a part of
- A summer term start on a lighter than normal timetable to help you settle in and become part of the team
- A department where there is no such thing as a stupid question and it’s OK to say when things aren’t “fine”.
- Expert Mentoring and Training
- Excellent schemes of work to work with that we’re continually looking to improve
- Opportunities to teach at all Key Stage levels
Please email Pete Monaghan, firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you are interested in being part of our team along with your C.V. Closing date: Friday 30th March.
The Post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check
St. Mark’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people