Outstanding English Teacher - Secondary
Job start: September 2019
Location: Vigo, Spain
Contract type: Full Time Permanent Contract
Teacher of Secondary English
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious Secondary English teacher with qualified teacher status to teach through Secondary (up to A Level) and join our fantastic teaching team.
O Castro British School is a happy, inclusive and successful school in Vigo, Spain with over 750 students in Primary and the growing Secondary school. We follow the National Curriculum for England and the Cambridge International Curriculum for KS3 in English, Maths and Science and IGCSE and A Levels.
Are you someone who can offer the following:
• A desire to ensure every child fulfils their potential
• High expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Creative and inspirational approaches to learning and the curriculum
• Excellent questioning skills
• A commitment to making a positive difference
• A commitment to personal learning and professional development
• Excitement when faced with a challenge
• Focused in helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
• Committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice
• Can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
• Possess secure IT skills and have good IWB knowledge
We can offer:
• Engaged, lively and creative learners who take pride in their school
• A commitment to quality CPD
• A strong, forward thinking, collegiate leadership team
• Highly motivated, supportive and committed colleagues
• An exceptional learning environment where all pupils can flourish
• An engaged and supportive governing body
• A relocation package of 300 Euros plus 200 Euros for flight and free accommodation provided for up to one month. We also offer free Spanish classes and free lunch and snacks.
Successful applicants will be selected for interview in London or via Skype on Sunday 24th February.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children and promoting child welfare. The appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
To apply please email CV with photo and a letter of application and 2 referees to:
Mr Duncan Hill
Deputy Head teacher
O Castro British School