Smart Teachers is recruiting for a vibrant, hardworking teacher of English to work full-time from September 2017 in a large secondary school for boys in the London Borough of Bexley (DA15). The position will start on a fixed-term contract with the possibility of a permanent offer for the right successful candidate. The school leadership team is very supportive and professional CPD courses are on offer as well as bespoke leadership pathways to excel your career. NQTs are encouraged to apply. The successful teacher will be joining a well-established and highly respected “Good” school which was praised in its last OFSTED report for the leadership, the school’s curriculum and the positive rapport between staff and students.
About the Role
· Teacher of English to KS5
· Demonstrate outstanding practice
· Be well organised, energetic and willing to go the ‘extra mile’
· Perm contracts for the right candidate
· Main pay scale
About the School
· Well-established, large all-boys secondary school
· “Good” school with praise for the senior leadership team and rapport between staff and pupils
· Well-resourced school with modern fitted classrooms
· Large playgrounds that back on to luxurious green fields
· Located in leafy Kent with the luxury of being just 35 minutes from London
· Direct trains from London Bridge
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number DXH24179.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.