Avenor College is an international bilingual school deeply rooted in the Romanian culture, seeking academic excellence and personal growth. As the school expands, we need to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic professionals to contribute to the teaching of English from Middle School to High School starting with August 2020.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high-quality, KS3-KS5 iGCSE/ A-level English Literature and Language and for successfully completing the administrative duties that this role entails. Your lessons will be lively and include engaging activities to help students develop accuracy, fluency and most importantly, confidence. You will also assist with other duties as required.
We strongly believe that the Avenor outstanding teacher is passionate and engaged, shares school values, constantly reflects on their learning journey and confidently creates a variety of learning opportunities for students through thorough lesson planning and in-depth subject knowledge.
Applicants should be experienced, fully-qualified English teachers.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
• Relevant degree (BA in English Language and Literature);
• English Language and Literature teaching experience with the relevant group;
• In-depth subject knowledge including assessment for learning
• Be able to motivate and challenge able students by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
• Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that English is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
• Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
• Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
• MA in English/Linguistic Studies/Education;
• CELTA/Trinity TESOL certified;
• Previous international school experience;
• Experience in teaching task-based/project based learning;
• Experience in teaching Public Speaking/Debate;
• Very good administrative skills.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
• People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
• Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
• A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
• Capacity for hard work; organized and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
• Healthy lifestyle;
• Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
• Constant learner.
• An attractive package- salary and benefits;
• The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
• Maximum class sizes of 18;
• Continuing professional development opportunities;
• Maximum contact time of 24*50 minute lessons per week;
• A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team;
• A great team spirit.
• Ensure that your application form includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses;
• Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
• Please browse our extensive bilingual website for a clear overview of the school, and you can find us on Facebook which gives a flavour of the vibrancy of the school;
• Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information prior to applying.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide an updated enhanced DBS together with an updated ICPC.
By submitting your CV to our registration addresses, you give us your explicit consent for processing your data only for the purposes imposed by the labour legislation.
• Closing date: applications will be considered on receipt;
• First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype;
• Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be individually arranged.