Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to join a secondary school in Lewisham. The successful English Teacher will be working at an inclusive mixed community school. The school is looking for a candidate who is eager to try new ideas and is able to inspire and motivate. The school is in a period of transition and is looking for someone who wants to go on an exciting journey with staff and pupils alike. This full time, permanent role is due to start in January 2020
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Full time / permanent position from January 2020
• MPS + ILA
• Salary between £30,480 - £41,483 (depending on experience)
• Teaching KS3 - KS5 classes
About the School
• Fully inclusive mixed 11-18 community school
• Outstanding resources throughout the school
• School leadership is strong and focused on student and staff welfare
• Located 25 minutes from central London
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
• Have a degree in English
• Have proven UK experience teaching English from KS3 – KS5
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR28994
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.