Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to cover a maternity post in a secondary school near Woking, Surrey. The school is situated in a leafy, residential area which has great transport links from London. This full time role will start after the half term break and continue through until July 2018. The successful English Teacher will teach across KS3 and KS4 in a school that is part of a multi academy trust.
About the Role
· English Teacher
· Teaching English across KS3 and KS4
· Maternity cover to start as soon as possible and continue through to July 2018
· Permanent, fixed term contract
· Salary starting from £27,000
About the School
· Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in 2013
· Larger than average secondary school
· Bright and visually appealing with inspirational quotes and students’ art and craft work displayed throughout
· Part of a multi academy trust
· Friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
· Great career progression opportunities
· High behaviour expectations
· Dedicated sixth form block
· Great transport links, it’s on the same train line as Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Earlsfield
· The largest local town is Woking
· Located a 15 min walk from the local station
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD30495.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.