Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and qualified senior English teacher to join an outstanding independent school in metropolitan Melbourne, Australia. This school has strong reputation of academic excellence and all staff are committed to current pedagogical thinking. This is a full-time, minimum 12-month contract to commence in January, 2017.
About the Role:
- Senior English teacher
- Teaching Year 11 to Year 12 (equivalent to Key Stage 4 and 5)
- Job reference #: TES157639E
- Position to commence 30th January, 2017
- Full-time contract for a minimum 12 months
About the School:
- Co-educational, multi-campus school catering from reception-year 12 (Ages 5 – 18)
- Well established tradition of academic excellence
- Christian values are respected and practiced
- Adjacent to public transport and a short travel from the Melbourne city centre
About the Location:
Our client school is located in the western suburbs of Melbourne, just a short commute from central Melbourne – Australia’s second largest city. Melbourne is a growing multi-cultural city that is well known for its art, great food and sports. This school has excellent community links and welcomes people from all backgrounds.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a valid visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,au quoting Job Reference number TES157639E. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.