Job Title: Teacher of English
Salary Range: Teachers Main Pay Scale/UPS (as appropriate)
Responsible to: Faculty Leader for English
Responsible for: Teaching English in the Upper and Lower School.
Teaching staff are expected to make a significant and sustained contribution to the core purpose of the academy – ensuring all students achieve their full potential; taking a leading role in promoting high academic standards and a positive ethos.
You are required to carry out the duties of a school teacher as set out in the relevant paragraphs of the current Teachers Conditions of Employment document. This includes:
• Teaching English in the Upper/Lower School and across the full ability range; following departmental schemes of work, the National Curriculum and the relevant subject specifications.
• Contributing to the development of departmental schemes of learning.
• Setting and marking homework, in line with academy/departmental policy.
• Integrating the development of key skills (numeracy, literacy and ICT) into their teaching.
• Monitoring and assessing students, in line with academy/departmental policy.
• Actively promoting the academy’s high expectations and equal opportunities policy.
• Contributing to the academy meeting cycle.
• Maintaining a safe and attractive teaching and learning environment.
To assist the Principal in ensuring that the academy runs smoothly, and acting in a management capacity, as the need arises. This includes:
• Helping to maintain outstanding behaviour around the academy at all times by undertaking daily duties and providing pastoral support for students, as appropriate.
• Undertaking the responsibilities of a Form Tutor and attending assemblies on a regular basis.
• Maintaining sound procedures for security, supervision, and maintenance of the academy environment, ensuring that all safeguarding/health and safety regulations are met.
• Modeling the highest standards of professional conduct, supporting and driving excellence in all practice within the academy; ensuring that Cliff Park Ormiston Academy and the Ormiston Academies Trust is always presented positively within and beyond the academy.
The post holder will participate in the academy’s arrangements for Performance Management.
• This job description is in addition to the duties and responsibilities laid down in the National Teachers Conditions of Service.
• All staff are part of a wider academy team. Each individual, therefore, is required to support the values/ethos of the academy and the academy priorities as defined in the Academy Improvement Plan. This will mean being responsive to the needs of colleagues, parents and pupils and being flexible in a demanding environment. On occasions the post holder may be expected to carry out additional tasks, as requested by the Principal and Governors, which are not specifically specified in this job description.
• All staff in the academy work subject to statute and academy policies and procedures. The post holder will be expected to become familiar with these and work in accordance with them.
• This is a new job profile for a new post and is subject to review with the post holder from time to time.
• Due to the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of Criminal Record Disclosure to be undertaken. It is essential that post holders disclose whether they have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and if so, for which offences. Any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the academy.
To apply please go to https://oatcareers.co.uk/
Cliff Park Ormiston Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years