Downham Market Academy
Salary range: MPS/UPS
Required September 2021
Due to rapid growth of the academy this is an exceptional opportunity to work in this high achieving and ambitious trust.
This is a new post, created at a time of expansion. Downham Market Academy has recently become part of the newly formed Eastern Learning Alliance Trust.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner who will help build the success of the English Department at Downham Market. As the trust continues to grow there will be opportunities to take on key roles within the trust, developing English across the schools within it.
The trust strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team
The successful candidate will be:
• exemplary and inspiring in their teaching;
• highly organised, motivational and flexible;
• an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
• reflective in classroom practice
• dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
• have high expectations of themselves and others;
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• have excellent subject knowledge;
• be flexible and a good team player.
Interview Date: TBC
Teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.
Downham Market Academy uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete an Enhanced DBS check and only applications submitted on our application form will be considered.
Downham Market Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
About Downham Market Academy
- Co-educational, 11-18 mixed comprehensive with approximately 1200 students, including 138 in the Sixth Form in the town of Downham Market, Norfolk.
- Now part of The Eastern Learning Alliance
- Our students really want...