Wood Green is a truly comprehensive school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our core purpose is to ensure “Excellence for All” and everything we do contributes to achieving this. This is a very exciting time for Wood Green, as we create our truly excellent school. We welcome contribution from all staff whether in your first year of teaching or if you have many years of experience to bring to our school. This is a unique opportunity to be part of our journey and to make a real difference to the lives of young people. We are focussed on improving outcomes for all our learners and raising aspiration, building on the good behaviour of students and a culture of strong pastoral care.
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of English to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2017.
- You will be a talented teacher with a passion for English
- You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
- You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
- You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the English Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
- An English Department that achieves good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
- Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy English
- Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
- A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
Wood Green is a school with a strong sense of community, a focus on excellence, on wellbeing and on a Growth
Mindset with an exciting future. As the school continues to develop, you can make a contribution to that future.
Please see our website for further details.
The closing date is Wednesday 22nd March 2017 (12.00 midday)
For details and an application form please visit our school website www.wgswitney.org.uk