Our Lady Of Mercy College, Parramatta
Secondary Teacher Teaching Subject: English
Contract Type: Permanent Position Full Time Applications Close: 22 June 2018
Teaching English within a dynamic English team including Extension English for an independent Catholic Girls school in the Mercy tradition Commencing Term 3 or earlier by negotiation
Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta (OLMC) is an independent Catholic Girls’ school in the Mercy tradition. Located in the geographical heart of Sydney, the College is strategically placed to participate in the change and growth planned for the future of Parramatta. The College, rich in history and tradition, challenges all members of its learning community to expand beyond what they know they can be.
Teacher - English (Possible Leadership Position - 1 point)
Position No: 2018/30
Expand beyond what you know you can be
The College is seeking to appoint a teacher to join its dynamic English team. There is a possibility of a 1 point Leadership role for the successful applicant and it is anticipated that this position will commence in Term 3 2018. Previous applicants need not apply.
The successful applicant will have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and be approved to teach in NSW
- Knowledge of the relevant curriculum and experience teaching all levels of English (7-12) including Extension English
- Capacity to deliver effective, engaging and differentiated teaching programs, for improving educational outcomes for a diverse range of student learning needs in Stage 4 - 6
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary pedagogical practices
- Ability to critically reflect on their own teaching practice
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning
- Demonstrated commitment to quality education and the capacity to establish and maintain effective and productive quality collaborative relationships
- High level communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
Successful applicants must be willing to support the Catholic ethos of the College.
- view the role description for this position in the Employment Opportunities section of the College website (www.olmc.nsw.edu.au).
- complete the Employment Application (Teaching Staff form) available on the College website
- email a brief covering letter, outlining their suitability for this role with the Employment application form to the Principal at Recruitment@olmc.nsw.edu.au
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd June 2018