Be the teacher you’ve always wanted to be.
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher to join our close-knit team at The Grange Therapeutic School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you.
The Grange is an 8-18 mixed gender SEMH SEN school on the Rutland / Leicestershire border with a strong emphasis on the care and welfare of its pupils. The school has a varied curriculum designed to meet the needs of the pupils, many of whom have secondary needs of ASD and ADHD. This curriculum includes GCSEs, BTECs and Entry Level qualifications as well as a full vocational programme. At the last Ofsted the school was rated “Good” overall with “Outstanding” ratings for behaviour / welfare and leadership / management.
About the Role
Joining our team of dedicated teachers, you will be responsible for providing high quality English teaching up to and including GCSE as well as assisting with the broader curriculum. The role is in Upper School (Year 8 – 11) and part time – hours by negotiation – and full time may be considered. Initially it is a maternity cover until December 2019 but other opportunities may arise. We would want you to start as soon as possible, but will wait for the right candidate.
We have small class sizes of up to 6 and we need teachers who are excellent in the classroom with an emphasis on building relationships.
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubled learners.
No two days are the same at The Grange so we want teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with special needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will be resilient, have a calm and engaging demeanour and enjoy working with children.
Whilst previous experience of working in within a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
We offer a competitive salary including Teachers Pension Scheme, a fantastic working environment and very supportive staff group.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils learning to inform further planning.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Ability to use ICT effectively for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
- A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.