About Our School
Pride ISM was inaugurated in Yangon in 2001-2002 and has a growing enrolment of currently 1300 students (over 450 in Secondary) spread across two campuses, one for EYFS and one for Primary and Secondary.
The school year runs for 183 or so teaching days from August to June. Class size is set at 24 maximum.
For Key Stage 4, Cambridge IGCSEs are currently offered in English as a first language, ICT, English as a Second Language, Maths, Pure Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, History and Business Studies.
We are hoping to extend the number of subjects and move forward with AS and A levels.
Extra Curricular Programme comprises Drama, Dance, Art, Photography, Music, Football, Table Tennis, Badminton, Basketball and Chess. We also encourage overseas leadership opportunities and engage in Community Service initiatives, helping local orphanages and monasteries.
Results in Yangon are good : (2017) ,48.25 % of entries scored A or A* with one student achieving 9A*
Many students progress to universities in the UK, US, Australia and Singapore.
Our students are well behaved and highly – motivated. Their parents have invested in their child’s future and we aim to provide highest quality academic and holistic education which will help them and the country move forward.
Myanmar understandably is an exciting but sometimes frustrating country. It is hot, dusty and busy but there is plenty to do for expats. People are polite and friendly and it is one of the few genuinely Asian cities left (there are no recognisable chain retailers or fast food outlets here – yet).
We also offer small classes, delightful students, return flights to / from Myanmar, medical insurance, free quality accommodation, optional maid service and a good local (tax around 12 %) salary that makes it very easy to save.
Both Yangon and Mandalay schools became Cambridge schools in 2016.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional leading and working alongside our management team to deliver the British Curriculum in a CIE school.
Our dedicated team of professionals put our students at the heart of everything we do and in turn we are looking for top quality leadership to take the whole school community forward to new successes.
We are therefore seeing to appoint an English teacher (head of department for the right candidate) that can :
- Demonstrate through wide knowledge and experience how the National Curriculum works and willingly share their expertise, ideas and resources with others.
- Promote, monitor and evaluate lively, creative teaching with a systematic approach to SOWs, lesson planning, record keeping, standardization, assessment and report writing.
- Help local staff gain further confidence in planning for student – centred and activity based learning.
- Develop understanding and application of continuous assessment.
- Go the extra mile to help each of our students succeed.
- Readily adapt to the school and wider Myanmar culture.
- Understand that working in a different culture is as much about the post holder learning from the environment as it is about the students learning from the post holder.
- Be a great team player, demonstrating ample warmth, empathy, patience, tolearance, goodwill … and a sense of humour!
To Apply :
If all this resonates with you, please see full details on http://www.myanmareducationservice.com/index.php/en/recruitment and send a cover letter and full CV and details of two references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org later than Friday 27th March.
We would like to Skype interview suitable candidates soon after we have received your application skype ; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org