Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher / SEMH English Teacher to join a successful small team at an independent therapeutic school in the London Borough of Lambeth. This full-time English Teacher / SEMH English Teacher is required ASAP and will be on a permanent contract. This role could be suitable for a NQT looking to work within special educational needs. This English Teacher / SEMH English Teacher role is not suitable for part-time applicants and experience working with Social, Emotional and Mental Health setting is desired but not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within well-resourced and thriving setting for students to learn.
About the Role
• English Teacher / SEMH English Teacher
• ASAP Start
• Permanent contract
• Will teach pupils in Year 10 and 11, within a brand-new, purpose-built, alternate provision
• The class sizes are small, often teaching a maximum of 4 to 5 children
• This role could be suitable for a newly qualified English Teacher looking to work within special needs
• Strong behaviour management is essential within this school
• £30,000 salary for QTS teachers
• Experience working within a Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) setting is desired, but not essential
• Not suitable for part-time applicants
About the School
• An independent therapeutic school specialising in SEMH
• 20 children currently attend this school
• Located a short walk from a northern line station within the London Borough of Lambeth
• There are two other sites within the school group (a primary site for Year 1 to 5, and a middle site for Year 6 to 9)
• A new facility, which includes a central meeting area with leather sofas
• A spacious kitchen and dining area with an on-site chef
• An impressive new music suite and a spacious and well-equipped construction workshop
• Due to the nature of the needs at this school, students have high behavioural difficulties
• The team here includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists
• This site opened its doors in September 2016 and is a well-resourced and thriving setting for students to learn
• The students attend this school from all across London, and the school is currently working with 13 local authorities
In order to be considered for this English Teacher / SEMH English Teacher role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
• Proven experience teaching English (preferred)
• Keen on continuing PD portfolio
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops.
• Regular social events.
• Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXD162879.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.