If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2017: 84% of students gained 4+ EM; 58% gained 5+ EM
We are looking for an enthusiastic NQT or experienced teacher to join our outstanding English department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well-resourced with a dedicated teaching block including four ICT rooms and interactive whiteboards in every classroom. There is also the opportunity to teach Media or Film Studies within the department, but this is not a requirement. Subjects are high performing with excellent teaching practice, and are popular at A level as well as GCSE.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful with a strong commitment to staff development and an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
· Ambitious for young people and for themselves
· Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
· Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
· An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
· You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
· You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
· You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
· You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
· You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk.. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Application to the Executive Principal, Ms R Allott asap and by 9am Monday 25th September 2017 at the latest.