Vision for Education are actively recruiting for an English Teacher who is confident in working with secondary aged students who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties who can demonstrate disruptive and challenging behaviour.
This is a maternity cover which is due to start January 2018, it is a long term position with the possibility of going permanent for the right candidate. This role could also be suited to a confident and adaptable NQT who is looking for a challenging yet fulfilling role.
Personality and creativity is paramount whilst maintaining a calm, patient, empathetic but resilient manor is required to achieve progress with students who regularly demonstrate challenging and confrontational behaviour.
- You must have experience/an understanding of young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- The ideal applicant will have previous experience working with challenging behaviour
- Applicants must hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must be available to commit to a long term, 5 day a week position in the Newcastle/Northumberland area
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £105 - £140 per day depending on pay scale
- Seminars and training courses such as Team Teach and Moving & Handling (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team of experienced SEND consultants that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract. We won't stand in the way of your career progression.