Priory Telford School, Dale Road, Coalbrookdale, Telford, Shropshire, TF8 7DT
Hours: Full time
We are currently recruiting for a SEN English Teacher to work at our Priory Telford School based in the beautiful village of Ironbridge, Telford. We are a special school for children with SEMH and additional special educational needs.
Priory Telford School was rated as "Good" in its first Ofsted inspection in November 2019 and we are looking for an ambitious English teacher with a passion for SEN.
We are primarily looking for an English Teacher although the successful candidate will be required to teach additional subjects. Please specify on your application what additional subjects you have experience of and at what level.
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons, tailored to the needs of the pupils, following the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work;
- Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils, making accurate and productive use of assessment;
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils;
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils;
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils;
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge;
- Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for transition or testing;
- Make use of special facilities and/or equipment;
- Support the social, emotional and communication needs of all students;
- Encouraging personal development via tutorial and pastoral work;
- Writing reports;
- Line managing and coordinating support staff within your class team;
- The teacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree qualified;
- Successful primary/secondary teaching experience;
- Personal or professional experience of autism;
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum;
- Knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies;
- Ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils’ needs;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with pupils;
- Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children;
- Knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies.
If you share our determination to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our pupils, we can promise you a collaborative culture, ongoing professional development and ample scope to use your creativity and initiative as part of a highly energised and supportive team.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Telford is a day school that provides a high quality of education for up to 18 boys and girls from the ages of 11 to 18. All of our pupils who all experience Emotional, Social and Mental Health Difficulties. We are a forward looking and innovative school that seek to transform the lives of the pupils in our care.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy before the advertised closing date.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Priory Telford School
Telford and Wrekin
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years