Salary information: MPS Salary Range £29,915 to £41,136 (dependent upon candidate experience) A TLR position within the department is also available for a suitable candidate.
Suitable for NQT's
January or Easter Start is acceptable
Middlesex Learning Partnership is an exciting, innovative and successful Trust in West London. We have a strong sense of community, great students and staff, and a real commitment to making a difference to the lives of young people.
The English department at Barnhill are passionate about literature. The department consist of thirteen teachers who are dedicated to achieving high standards of literacy and oracy at the school.
Weekly staff training and subject specific CPD forms the basis of department meetings.
The success we have comes from the talent and dedication of our staff. Staff at Barnhill are reflective, committed professionals, willing to do whatever it takes for our students to achieve the best results. This role is an opportunity to join a high-performing staff team and help shape the continued growth of the English department.
Our Lead Practitioner mentors teachers in English as well as outside of the department which has had a significant impact on results at Barnhill. We are looking for a candidate who will add to the success of the school and join us on our journey to outstanding.
We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an outstanding school and we are looking for an expert English teacher to join our team.
We need you to be:
- Knowledgeable about teaching and the English curriculum;
- Enthusiastic and optimistic in your approach;
- Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the highest expectation;
- A strong communicator wanting the best for each student.
In return we will offer you:
- Motivated, hardworking students
- High expectations of behaviour supported by established systems and protocols;
- Bespoke, high quality professional development;
- Opportunities to have an input into teaching and learning across the school as part of our School Improvement Group;
- Accelerated career opportunities for aspirational and talented staff;
- An extensive well-being package;
- Established partnerships with: Teach First; Challenge Partners; PiXL; London West Alliance;
Further information: Please note, Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
CVs will not be accepted.
Barnhill Community High School is a high-performing school in West London. Our academic outcomes place us in and around the top 5% of the country. The school is heavily oversubscribed and has increased its PAN over the last two years to acco...