Are you passionate about teaching English across KS3-KS5?
Are you looking for a forward thinking school with a strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team?
Would you like to work in a school which is popular, ambitious and oversubscribed?
Are you interested in working in a strong, high achieving English Department?
Are you a consistently excellent teacher of English across KS3-KS5?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School would love to hear from you!
Through the “Douay Way”, we believe all students can achieve amazing things and grow into outstanding men and women.
The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School is currently recruiting for a dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate English teacher to join our welcoming and successful school and to take a key role within a high achieving department. This post is suitable for NQT’s or an experienced practitioner who is motivated to teach engaging lessons that will stimulate and challenge students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to, plan and deliver effective and high quality lessons to all key stage groups, maximising student progress.
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the school academy and its learners.
- Have the ability to teach English to A Level.
- Be a passionate Teacher of English who is determined to continuously evaluate and improve their practice for the benefit of student progress.
- Have expert knowledge both of the subject and of the specifications of the new Curriculum.
Why work for The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School:
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support for MA Study.
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form and be part of the DOWAT Trust and the collaboration it offers.
- Bespoke CPD for new and emerging school leaders.
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- Our school has excellent transport links and is minutes away from the Piccadilly, Metropolitan and Central tube lines and is on the local bus route. We are located close by to the A40, M25 and M40 Motorways.
- Staff are encouraged to join in Extra-Curricular activities and School visits, some overseas, are a strong feature of school life.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“The Leadership and management of the school is outstanding”.
“The strong Catholic ethos of the school helps to effectively promote students, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development at the school”
“Students’ behaviour around the school is exemplary”
“The headteacher and his senior leadership team work closely together and have a relentless focus on school improvement”
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed, please contact Mrs Gill Johnston, Headteacher PA on 01895 679400 to arrange a convenient time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.