Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English teacher to work within a well-resourced department of a secondary school near Woking, Surrey. This is a temporary contract until December 2016, when the recently appointed English teacher will begin their full time role. Starting after the October half term, the requested English teacher will be covering students up to KS5 for a period of six weeks. The school would benefit from someone with experience for this particular role.
About the Role
- English teacher
- Covering a 6 week block of work, with a full time English timetable up to KS5
- Daily rate up to £160
About the School
- Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED from 2013
- Larger than average secondary school
- Bright and visually appealing with inspirational quotes and students art and craft work displayed throughout
- Part of a Multi Academy Trust
- Friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Great career progression opportunities
- Students behaviour is overall good
- Sixth form lessons are taught in a dedicated sixth form block
- Great transport links as it is on the same train line as Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Earlsfield
- The largest local town is Woking
- Located a 15 min walk from the local station (30 mins from Waterloo)
In order to be considered for this role, the successful English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXDA13944.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.