Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
At Oakbank, we are working hard to give all our pupils an excellent education and are looking for an exceptional English teacher to join our successful team, contributing to and building upon the teaching our students receive.
We are looking for ambitious, inspiring, fun, innovative English Teachers to join our strong English department.
You will be expected to:
• Teach English and make a positive contribution to the learning experience of the students
• Promote students' critical thinking skills and ability to utilise English in everyday life
• Create lesson plans, assign and correct homework
• Motivate and manage students in the classroom
• Be a form tutor and contribute to our strong ethos and pastoral care.
If you are dedicated to ensuring the best possible outcomes for students, both academically and pastorally then we would love to work with you.
What we offer as a school:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- Lots of opportunities to observe others share best practise.
- An environment in which student behaviour has been judged as “good”. Where “Teachers can teach what they have planned”.
- Year groups of up to 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Weekly in-school CPD, including an NQT programme
- Opportunities for promotion and development
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years