Main or Upper Pay Range
Full-time post but part-time considered for the right candidate
Required for September 2018
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher of English, who is confident in their subject knowledge and is able to motivate and enthuse students.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover.
Are you someone who:
- Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
- Is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
- Has an excellent knowledge of English?
- Has excellent communication skills?
- Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the links in this advert or from the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies. Applicants may also use the "Quick Apply" function in this advert.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 2 May 2018 by 12.00 noon
Interviews will take place on 8 May 2018
We reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date should we receive sufficient applications.
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Diana Chamberlain on 01903 237864.
Completed application forms should be sent to the Headteacher at the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School, part of the South Downs Education Trust, is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210.
- The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools.