English Tutor - Appointments available online
Must be located within Dudley
£25 to £28 per hour
QTS and/or QTLS - Essential
ABC Teachers are currently recruiting GCSE English tutors to deliver tuition to Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils from November 2020.
As a English Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm, and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people, and motivate them to achieve and overcome any barriers to learning.
Our online tuition platform was designed for education and provides a full suite of tools enabling our tutors to provide effective and safeguarded 1-1 and small group sessions. Tutors and students can easily share, edit, and create documents together in real-time.
Lessons may take place during the school day, or after school depending on your availability and the requirements of the client schools.
Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
To be considered for an Online English Tutor position, you will:
• Have a background in teaching English (QTS/QTLS is essential)
• Have access to a laptop with webcam, and have a reliable broadband internet connection
• When safe to do so, be comfortable attending physical 1to1 sessions when required
• Be comfortable planning and leading sessions online and in-person if required – previous experience is required.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to deliver engaging lessons
• Be available for at least 10 hours per week during school hours
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
**All original versions of ID and documentation must be provided prior to placement when safe to do so. Prior to this, video interviews will take place for those who are shortlisted.
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global. We only pay P.A.Y.E; we do not work with umbrella companies.
What ABC have to offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an English Tutor who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0121 481 2231.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call
ABC Teachers Limited